CSR in China
- What is CSR? People, Planet and Profit.
- Provision of reliable, eco-friendly, safe products;
- Worker protection and welfare
- Corporate philanthropy, charities, and community development.
- CSR reports, etc.
- Why CSR? the debates.
- Nature of business
- Cover up
- CSR in China: Factors
- Growing environmental and safety concerns of the society.
- Rise of civil society
- Government-driven projects: “For example, the Chinese government announced plans in 2009 to spend billions on tree planting and reforestation. In turn, many companies in China have launched tree-planting initiatives as part of their CSR efforts.”
- SOEs to repay the society. “The state-owned enterprise is the leading edge of corporate social responsibility at the moment.”
- 2007 SASAC’s Guidelines on Fulfiling Social Responsibility by Centra Enterprises.
- Rise of private philanthropy and volunteerism
- 2005 Company Law revision.
- State Grid was the only Chinese company to file an CSR Report in 2006. In 2012, 1,722 Chinese companies published CSR reports.
- Is Codification a Solution?